Rant... Las Vegas Family Photographer

I don't want this to sound like a pity party- but I have come to terms with the fact that it is pretty likely that I am writing these blogs to nobody. Getting followers seems impossible. Getting people to participate in an EASY contest to win FREE stuff also seems impossible. Soliciting new business- also impossible. This economy makes it very difficult to get a new budding business off the ground- REGARDLESS of how talented you may be.

It's been a rough day.

I spent all day filing taxes, maybe that is why. The business taxes for Catlow were great. Worked the prior years taxes down to next to nothing. Hopes were high- everything was going great. Until I started my own taxes for last year. UGH- I have never owed money to the IRS before, so that my friends is stressful in itself. No numbers, can't relive it. Stresses me out.

So in case you didn't know- I am divorced. I have two wonderful children- Riley & Luke, and their Dad is one of my best friends. However we run through the same complications that most divided households do- or at least I think they do. Different house; different rules. Without offending the other parent, how do you come to some sort of an agreement regarding body flatulence at the table? It's a no go in my house- not the case else where I assume. This is an ongoing struggle.

I was looking forward to getting out of the house to get some golden spoon frozen yogurt tonight. We have been stuck inside all day thanks to the IRS- but alas, my son didn't finish his dinner and I have to play to role of good and responsible mother and withhold the reward of ice cream, due to lack of eating.

Do you ever just want to give up?

Sara –   – (February 22, 2010 at 10:43 PM)  

But remember, Jess! When life gives you lemons, make lemona-- okay, I'll shush. :)

Really though, we all have our moments where we want to completely give up, throw in the towel and pour ourselves a really, really tall glass of wine to keep us company in our misery. It's a part of life/being a woman, whether we may be PMSing or not.

Maybe it is too hard in this current economy to try and start up something like this. Maybe it will have to be put off until some of Obama's job creation is felt more in the Las Vegas area. Maybe maybe maybe. While I can stand here and preach day in and day out about keeping up with it in the longhaul, you ideally need to focus on whether you believe doing so is worth it. But there would of been NO WAY for you to know unless you tried. Bravely you did. Not everyone would of. If you can find one moment to pat yourself on the back amongst this experience, let it be over that.

Having one governing set of rules shared between both the kiddo's houses is really, really important. Whether it's over innapropriate manners at the table or cleaning up after their messes, what if you got together with Ryan sometime and together you guys created a list household rules that applies to BOTH Dad and Mom's? Equal input, equal fairness and since you both worked on it, something you'll both want to make work. Having each set if parents enforcing the same rules they both agree with will make it that much easier. Showing Ryan that you care for his opinion, need his help and want his input in such a regard will considerably calm his chances of being offended. Even include the kids! It empowers them to have input and opinion on new household routines or rules. Make it a family event and turn it into something fun. :)

Post a Comment

About Jess

My photo
Las Vegas, NV
I am a busy mom of two munchkins, four pups, a lizard and a wonderful man named Jeff. Well I guess I am not really his mom, but you know what I mean. I love to cook- and share my love for yummy things with everyone! Bon Apetite :)

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP