Fix it Friday- On Satyrday... Oops! {Las Vegas Children's Photographer}




This week's photo, which was sent to us by Amy Pinney, is proof positive that many, many photos are fixable and we can save many precious moments even if they are taken in less-than-perfect circumstances.
Amy wrote: "The photo I'm submitting is one of my daughter watching her Grandpa play Pinball. It's very closely cropped to include just her face and arms propped on the machine, which you can only see enough of to know what it is. I'm very interested to see what the I Heart Faces team can do with it!"


The Original

My Fix #1
1. Opened the image in Adobe Bridge and Adjusted the Exposure/Noise in RAW
2. Ran Coffee Shop Perfect Portrait
3. Cropped
4. Duplicated background, Ran Gaussian Blur- deleting from details
5. Added Vintage Grunge texture to deter from the useless background,
removing from skin and pin ball machine


My Fix #2
1. Started with same image as Fix #1
2. Ran Coffee Shop Splendor B&W
3. Lightened the contrast layer over her eyes
4. Adjusted brown layer to suit taste.

Go visit I ♥ Faces to see the other amazing edits. You would be surprised what you can do!

candacesoon  – (March 13, 2010 at 11:29 AM)  

Thanks for your comment on your blog. I love what you did with the background in both of these photos. Wonderful job with these edits!

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2010 at 10:44 PM)  

Loved how you used the texture. I appreciate you including the details on how you fixed the photo. I just used the filters/textures that come with Photoshop but I need to check out Coffee Shop. Great job!

Christina  – (March 15, 2010 at 8:12 AM)  

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm new to the blogging world so I really appreciate it. I like the saturation in your first edit & I really like your black & white edit...you cleared up her eyes nicely. I have the Chocolate B&W action from CoffeeShop...and I LOVE it!

Post a Comment

About Jess

My photo
Las Vegas, NV
I am a busy mom of two munchkins, four pups, a lizard and a wonderful man named Jeff. Well I guess I am not really his mom, but you know what I mean. I love to cook- and share my love for yummy things with everyone! Bon Apetite :)

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP