NCC Scavenger Hunt.... Las Vegas Family Photographer

I attending my very first meeting of the Nevada Camera Club on Friday night. I know what you are thinking- man, she's got an amazing night life! I am a mom of two munchkins, my night life has long passed friends. I paid my annual dues, and am now a full fledged member! I am hoping to learn a lot from the members there to apply towards my photography.

One of the nice things is that we are presented with the opportunity to photograph things that may be typically outside of our skill set, or category. The Club was sponsoring a Photo Scavenger Hunt. We were presented with a list of "Things" and a time frame, and my friends- that was that. We were left to interpret this list as we pleased and photograph whatever it was that our hearts desired, so long as we felt it fit the list. Oh- there was one last rule......NO EDITING! The pictures were to never leave our memory cards- so the extra photoshop helping hand was OUT! This was extremely daunting for me, but what harm could it do. It's just a game.

I could have easily driven all over town to fulfill my hunt- but that is just too much work, and gas is way to expensive. So I racked my mommy brain! LOL- I know, I try to keep it in a separate compartment so that it doesnt overtake me completely. After a few minutes, I had the perfect location to take all ten shots that was just minutes from my house! I will fill you in on the FABULOUS location at the end of this blog- for now, check out my artist representation of the "list" :)

1.) Star (s)
 
2.) White Cross


3.) Stature of a Horse


4.) Chocolate (while one of my favorite things, this is my least favorite picture)


5.) Water Feature


6.) Arch


7.) Welcome Sign

8.)  Playing



 
9.) Ornamental Iron









10.) Flag (s)









So can anyone guess where I took all the photographs on my hunt? It was at the McKee Ranch. Last year we had the BEST birthday party for Lucas at the Ranch. The owners are wonderful, and it's open to the public every day during daylight hours. You can take a bag of carrots down and feed all the animals, and believe me- there are A LOT of animals.  I know I didn't shoot any of them, but that seems to direct of an interpretation of the list for me. 

I hope you enjoyed the results! I had a blast shooting them, and learned a bit in the process.

Jess @ Woolly Bear Studio  – (February 14, 2010 at 11:11 AM)  

The end of this blog looks ridiculous. I can't fix it to save my life- just though I would let you all know that I tried!

Sara(h)  – (February 14, 2010 at 12:51 PM)  

What my original comment said: A neat idea for the M&M would of been to take it way close up from a funky angle.. just to get a different perspective perhaps? Granted, I know nothing about photography. :P

Jess @ Woolly Bear Studio  – (February 14, 2010 at 12:53 PM)  

I would have loved to do that, but it was in the personal area of the ranch, and that was as zoomed in as I could get. Kind of a bummer. But that is exactly what I was thinking!

Post a Comment

About Jess

My photo
Las Vegas, NV
I am a busy mom of two munchkins, four pups, a lizard and a wonderful man named Jeff. Well I guess I am not really his mom, but you know what I mean. I love to cook- and share my love for yummy things with everyone! Bon Apetite :)

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP